Private Practice 2004 – current
- Therapy includes adults, adolescents, couples, and families. Parent Coordinator for pre and post divorce.
- Outpatient: Long-term and short-term therapy, testing and assessment, consultations
- Expertise: Anxiety related disorders, life coaching, and Marriage/Couples/Family/Relationship, Parent Coordinator, Eating Disorders, Sport/Performance Psychology, mood disorders, depression
- Inpatient: Privileges at Kennestone Hospital for inpatient consultations Projective Testing in Child and Adolescent Unit at Trinity Medical Center, Individual Therapy on both open and acute units at Brookwood Medical Center and Trinity Medical Center (mood, personality, and psychotic disorders), 2015-2017
- Sport Psychologist for Birchtree Tennis Academy, 2006-2007
- Contracted with Auburn University to provide sport psychology services to all student-athletes, Jan. 2005 – June 2005.
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, Doctor of Philosophy, Counseling Psychology, 2004
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA Counseling Center APA Pre-doctoral Internship, August 2003-July 2004
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, Masters of Science in Sport Psychology, May 1999
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina, Bachelor of Science in Psychology, May 1997 Honors: Cum Laude, Psi Chi, 1997 Football, 1994-1995
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, 1993-1994 Honors: Football Scholarship
- Jefferson Davis High School, Montgomery, Alabama Honors: Advanced diploma, 1993
- Morningness/Eveningness, Circadian Rhythm, and Performance in College Golfers, Doctoral Dissertation, Defended August, 2003
- Alcohol, Steroids, and Drugs Presentation, Wadley, AL 2002, Guest speaker at Southern Union Community College for a presentation on alcohol, steroids, and street drugs to the student-athletes.
- An Investigation into Factors That May Predict Academic Success or Failure of Collegiate Student-Athletes Doctoral Research, 1999-2004
- Developed a questionnaire that will predict the academic success and failure of college student-athletes. Accepted for presentation at the APA (American Psychological Association) Annual Conference in Honolulu, HI, 2004. Accepted for presentation at the N4A (National Association for Academic Advisors in Athletics) Annual Conference in Indianapolis, IN, 2004. Accepted for presentation at the NCAS (National Consortium for Academics and Sport) Annual Conference in Orlando, FL, 2004. Accepted for presentation at the AAASP (Association for the Advancement of Applied Sport Psychology) Conference, Orlando, FL, 2001
- A Study to Determine the Interaction of Sensation Seeking and Aggression Scores in Relation to Basketball and Soccer Performance in College Athletes Master’s Thesis, 1999. Presenter at AAASP Conference, Banff, Alberta, Canada, 1999
- Attribution and Motivation Theory Presentation, 1997 Florida State University. Presentedresearch on motivation and attribution theory to Dr. John Shea and his research group seeking a grant from NIH.
- Children’s Memory Study, 1996-1997 North Carolina State University. Assisted in research, data collection, and data analysis for research headed by Dr. Lynn Baker-Ward.
- Mother-Daughter Relationship Study, 1994-1995 North Carolina State University. Assisted in research, data collection, and data analysis for research headed by Dr. Amy Halberstadt.
- Multiple interviews with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Atlanta’s Creative Loafing on subjects such as eating disorder, college transitions, and economic anxiety. 2007 – current
- Walker County School Counselors, Helping Kids Overcome Barriers to Success. August, 2006
- NBC13, Sport Psychology and the Winter Olympics. February, 2006 NBC13, Mental Tips for Golf. July, 2005.
- FOX6, FOX Sports story on my work as a sport psychologist with Auburn University, “A Beautiful Mind”. Air date: June 22 and June 23, 2005.
- University of Montevallo, Steroids and their Side Effects, June 2005 NBC13, How to Help Your Child Succeed at Tryouts. March, 2005.
- Alabama School Counseling Association, Do’s and Don’ts of Goal Setting. February, 2005.
- Vestavia Hills School Counselors, Do’s and Don’ts of Goal Setting. February, 2005.
- Walker County School Counselors, Do’s and Don’ts of Goal Setting. February, 2005. NBC13, Do’s and Don’ts of Goal Setting. January, 2005.
- NBC13, How to keep children active during the winter months. December, 2004.
- NBC13, Helping parents guide their children in sports. October, 2004.
- Behrman, A. (2001). A Sports Psychology Lesson: Changing negatives into positives. From the Athletic Training Room, 3(2), 3.
- Behrman, A. (2001). A Sports Psychology Lesson: Changing negatives into positives, Part II. From the Athletic Training Room, 3(3), 3.